Marketing Strategies for Raising Capital
Posted at May 16
When a company is looking to raise capital, there are many marketing strategies to get the word out. With any method, the primary goal is to convey what your company does and inform investors about the potential opportunities that their investment will create. Marketing strategies for raising capital are important to all companies and issuers.
Creating a Compelling Opportunity Set
The first step in any marketing strategy is creating a compelling opportunity set, which should position the company as a subject matter expert. A white paper can do it, which should answer all the “whys” for potential investors. It’s important to provide this information clearly and concisely, as potential investors will likely have a lot of questions. This document can serve as a launching pad for further content like blogs or videos. By providing all the relevant information upfront, companies can set themselves apart from the competition and make it more likely that potential investors will take the time ...more
Why Raising Capital Becomes a Bottleneck
Posted at 4/21/2021
"We are currently working on new products that will be launch in the coming months. Raising capital has become one bottlenecks to constraining our growth. It seems that this might an area that you have expertise in assisting with. Is that the case?"
I get some inquiry like this three or four times a week. My thoughts are generally, "Other than raising capital, what are the other bottlenecks constraining your growth?" followed pretty immediately by, "What is my expertise?" The latter being more of an existential question for me than a concern for you as a business owner. So, with no further ado a few bullet points to help you overcome raising capital as a bottleneck.
- What are you selling? I like to start there because revenue will always be the best capital in the world. You only need to raise money if you're not generating revenue from sales. Are you pre-revenue because your product isn't ready? Or do you have a good, product or service and need to improve your sales? Note
How to raise your first $107k in investments
Posted at 1/7/2021
How to raise your first $107k in investments - The beauty of RegCF Investment Crowdfunding
The first dollar is always the hardest. Whether you’re trying to earn it, generate revenue or raise it. It all starts with Dollar One. And, knowing that you're a busy Founder, CEO or CFO so I’ll save you a long read and just let you know the following 3 facts:
- It costs you sweat, creativity and drive to raise your company’s first $107k using RegCF.
- After the first $107k, it will cost you about 10% of your goal to try and raise your desired amount. Most of that goes towards marketing.
- If you hit your $107k, you can amend your filing and continue to raise money just like these Founders did:
- At Ease Rentals ($303k raised from 295 investors)
- Cornbread Hemp ($492k raised from 870 investors)
But don’t take my word for it. Listen to this interview with Jim Higdon, Chief Communications Officer of CornBreadHemp to learn more about how Cornbread Hemp used RegCF to raise thei...more